It is company policy to adopt environmentally friendly alternatives as soon as they become viable
Environmental Policy – Statement and Initiatives
At Australian Road Express, we are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our operations.
To achieve our objective, Australian Road Express will:
- Ensure that environmental awareness is included into its business planning, process improvement and operational disciplines;
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations;
- Promote efficiency and reduce waste across the organisation;
- Provide accurate reporting to the authorities, the community, our shareholders and employees regarding our environmental performance;
- Invest, wherever appropriate, in an asset base and the systems and processes which reduce energy consumption and minimise carbon emissions.
Australian Road Express is an active participant in both the EEO and NGER federal government programmes
As a provider of transport services, Australian Road Express, has a key focus on reducing carbon emissions and improving energy consumption across its extended transport fleet through:
- The up-grading of its fleet, over time, to Euro4 and Euro5 prime movers which have EGR in-built emissions reductions systems;
- Investment in aerodynamically designed trailers to reduce emissions;
- Planning of all routes to ensure trips are completed in an optimum manner requiring the least driving time and lowest emissions;
- Monitoring and enforcing speed limits to ensure that fuel consumption is optimised;
- Ensuring regular programmed maintenance schedules are in place for all prime movers and trailers to ensure that all vehicles operate as efficiently as possible;
- Reducing empty running kilometres;
- The use of re-capped tyres and innovative processes which reduce tyre wear and increase tyre life;
- The close monitoring and reporting of fuel consumption across the vehicle fleet
Outside our fleet operations, Australian Road Express is focussed on:
- Reducing electricity usage , particularly within its warehouse operations;
- Reducing its consumption of white A4 copy paper through reducing printing volumes and automating processes to eliminate the use of paper (eg EDI, electronic PODs, run sheets etc);
- Using technological alternatives such as teleconferencing in order to minimise air travel;
- Instituting a recycle programme for all waste, particularly workshop;
- Water Recycling, our truck wash recycles water used.
What sustainability and community mean to us.